ONLINE PMN MEMBER EVENT
Song and Poetry Swap via Live Video Conference
Topic: “Songs we need to hear during a Pandemic"
Friday, March 20, 7:30 - 9:30 PM
EVERYONE will connect to the video conference by using this link: https://zoom.us/j/2671001643
Time: Friday, March 20, 7:30 PM - 9:30 PM
Add a reminder for this event to my calendar.
Anyone can listen to the performances by clicking the link above. Everyone will be muted upon entering the video conference. I will only un-mute people to sing one at a time in the order of the Performer Line Up listed below. We need to keep conversation on the conference to a minimum so as not to create a muddy audio signal. Use the "chat" function to share comments plus technical questions.
We will record the performances and post the video to the PMN Facebook page after the swap. For people wanting to listen to the swap live, you can share the zoom link above. PMN is limited to 100 participants total. After the registered performers are done singing and declaiming, all are invited to stick around and share quick ideas about what we can do during the pandemic to strengthen the People's Music Network.
Topic for March 20
In this video conference event, PMN members are invited to share songs or poems on the topic of “What we need to hear during a Pandemic". We invite people to share songs about healthcare justice, overcoming social isolation, solidarity, and calling out the systemic incompetence and inhumanity of a government that prioritizes profits and perception over people’s lives. However, any songs which brighten our lives in these stressful times are welcome.
Performer Line Up: FRIDAY, March 20
FRIDAY, March 20 Line Up
1) 7:35 PM –Ben Grosscup, "When I Feel Most Free"
2) 7:40 PM –Bev Grant, "We Are Your Refugees"
3) 7:45 PM –robert brashear, "Listen"
4) 7:50 PM –CANCELLED
5) 7:55 PM –Steve Suffet, "On My Long Journey Home"
6) 8:00 PM –CANCELLED
7) 8:05 PM –Louise Hetzler, "Take Care of the Planet"
8) 8:10 PM –David & Jenny Heitler-Klevans, "Strength Inside"
9) 8:15 PM –Marc Hecker, "They Call the Wind Maria"
10) 8:20 PM –Dada Veda, "It Takes a Caring Heart"
11) 8:25 PM –Joanie Calem, "Blues Lite"
12) 8:30 PM –CANCELLED
13) 8:35 PM –Barry Oreck, "No Place to Run"
14) 8:40 PM –Fred Arcoleo, "All That It Takes"
15) 8:45 PM –David Roth, "Looking For More Kindness in This World"
16) 8:50 PM –Sally Campbell, "Slow Down"
17) 8:55 PM –Sandy Pliskin, "Hats & Mittens"
18) 9:00 PM –Joel Landy, "Isolation Row"
19) 9:05 PM –Steve Siegelbaum, "Course Correction"
20) 9:10 PM –Pat Lamanna, "SAINT PATRICK’S DAY PANDEMIC"
21) 9:15 PM –Tobie Hoffman, "Blessing to Blessing"
In this video conference event, PMN members are invited to share songs or poems on the topic of “What we need to hear during a Pandemic". We have particularly invited people to share songs about healthcare justice, overcoming social isolation, solidarity, and calling out the systemic incompetence and inhumanity of a government that prioritizes profits and perception over people’s lives. However, any songs which brighten our lives in these stressful times are welcome.
To share a song, you must:
1) be a PMN member*
2) register for the event
3) have a computer with a video camera.
* If you are not a PMN member, you may join here: https://www.peoplesmusic.org/join-PMN
Soon PMN will be organizing additional swaps, although that depends partly on the response to this first effort. I will inform PMN members about next steps. Theoretically, there is an unlimited number of song and poetry swaps that we could be organizing. But how will we do it? What formats and topics will keep people invested in continuing to share progressive culture in collaborative ways despite the pandemic? Can we build a participatory model that involves new leadership? Let's work together and let's learn together!