Online pre-registration will be disabled 11:00 pm Thursday, January 25.
After that, please register at the Gathering or Concert.
The 2018 People’s Music Network Gathering takes place at two venues in Boston, MA from January 26-28, 2018. It includes:
- Music to inspire dreams for a better world.
- Traditions that strengthen social justice struggles.
- A community where singers, listeners, songwriters, fans, are welcome in a common space.
The PMN Friday Night Concert takes place at the First Parish in Cambridge, starting at 7:30pm on January 26, 2018, which will feature PMN Artists in Residence, Charlie King and Rick Burkhardt, Sol y Canto, Regie Gibson, Windborne Singers, Kallet Epstein and Cicone, Marcia Gomes and other inspiring artists and groups. Tickets to this concert are included when you register for the gathering. If you would like to purchase additional concert tickets without registering for the gathering, please click on this link.
On Saturday and Sunday (January 27 & 28, 2018) at the Pierce School in Brookline, we’ll have participatory workshops and songswaps, mentoring sessions, and a Saturday night “Round Robin” – all highlighting the role of music in progressive social change. A specific track of workshops for youth called the Youth Creative Convergence will take place parallel to the adult workshop. Expect numerous opportunities to share music, sing together, and to join efforts to bring music for progressive social change into the heart of struggles for justice and freedom today.
Click on the Winter Gathering Overview for details about Schedule, Workshops, Logistics (Food, Housing and Other), Directions, Transportation and more.
Registration Policies for 2018 PMN Winter Gathering:
- Work Shifts: The cost of the weekend is low because we share the workload! Please sign up for two one-hour work shifts when you arrive.
- Cancellations by January 13, 2018 will be fully refunded. After Jan 15, PMN will subtract $65 to cover food costs.
- Financial Aid: We don’t turn anyone away for lack of funds. If you can’t afford to pay at least the low-income rate, please contact email@example.com by Jan 11 to request a cost reduction. PMN incurs an estimated direct cost of $100 per person for the Gathering, not including indirect costs for ongoing operations.
- The Matt Jones Scholarship Fund: This Fund fosters a multi-racial and inter-generational artistic and political community at PMN by providing registration and partial travel stipends to young people and people of color. Click here for more info.
- Donating to the PMN Scholarship Fund helps keep PMN accessible. Thank you!
Note: When registering, please do not enter an e-mail address for children younger than 13 years of age. E-mail addresses for youth are optional, and for adults are optional but requested.