Logistics (Food, Housing & Other)
- Food: Omnivorous, vegetarian and vegan meals are included in the registration price, and are served from Friday Dinner to Sunday Lunch.
- Request a Home Stay: When you register, you may request to be matched with a volunteer host in the vicinity of Greenfield, MA. The registration form provides an opportunity to donate to support PMN’s homestay matching service (see: “Home Stay Suggested Donation” below). We provide this service for out-of-town registrants to make gathering participation more affordable. Count on a welcoming community-oriented feel to the whole weekend! Please register by January 13, 2017 to guarantee a home stay match. Although we can’t guarantee that the match will meet every specific need, our housing coordinators will do their best to assign appropriate housing for the needs you indicate on the registration form and inform you if they can’t find an appropriate match. For questions (or to offer a home stay in the Greenfield area), contact housing coordinators, Lynn Waldron & Sue Kranz, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Offer a Home Stay: Please read our Hospitality Appeal for the nights of January 27 & 28, 2017 in the vicinity of Greenfield, MA (.doc). If you can offer to host an out of town PMN registrant, please fill out page 2 of the above letter, save the file, and e-mail it to our housing coordinators, Lynn Waldron & Sue Kranz, email@example.com.
- Hotels in Greenfield: You can also browse some hotels in the Greenfield area.
OTHER IMPORTANT LOGISTICS
- Childcare: Childcare is provided when you register children for the gathering. For the 2017 Winter Gathering, PMN is initiating the Youth Creative Convergence (YCC), which offers programming specifically for children and for teens. The YCC is staffed with childcare professionals who are aided during certain times by parents and other caring adults in the PMN Community. Please register children by January 15, 2017. When you are using childcare, make sure to sign your child in and Parents must serve at least one work shift in the childcare area. To ensure the safety of all, children under the age of 13 years are required to be supervised at all times, either with their parent(s) or enrolled in the childcare that is provided by PMN. We want every child to have a positive and enjoyable experience at the PMN gathering. For info, contact Jayme Winell, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- What to Bring: Anything musical: instruments, voices, audio recorders, recordings, songbooks to swap or sell.
- What not to Bring: pets, alcohol, or illegal substances.
- Chemical Sensitivities: Be aware that some attendees are negatively affected by perfumes, strongly scented toiletries, and/or essential oils. Please refrain from bringing or wearing them.
- Accessibility: The Greenfield Middle School is wheelchair accessible. The entrance on Sanderson Street is the accessible entrance. Follow signs for the elevator and take it to the 2nd floor where you’ll find registration and where the Friday Night Concert, the workshops and the plenary take place. The cafeteria is on the same floor as where you enter from Sanderson Street. The front entrance of the building is not accessible.